Another year over and it's time to look at the goas I set myself for 2021 and see if I achieved any of them. I also will set out a plan for my 2021.
Doing this on the internet forces me to achieve these goals in utter fear of making myself look like a fool for the eternity that is the internet. So here goes!
The results are in BOLD
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. This will be easy - ADDED $16,880 THIS ONLY INCLUDES WHAT I CONTRIBUTED FROM MY PAYCHECKS
- See my dividend income increase by 10% from 2020. Now that we are through the main evil of COVID, I think this is doable - WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! 2021 DIVIDEND INCOME INCREASED BY 15.05%
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. That's $21 per day. - DONE. DOUBLED IT WITH $16,176.58 I AM NOT INCREASING THIS AMOUNT, BUT WILL PAY IT FORWARD.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2020 at the following:
- Go to Hawaii for 10 or more days. I need beach - 14 DAYS IN PARADISE WAS MUCH NEEDED
- Exercise more. Walk 10,000 steps per day - GOT AWAY FROM ME... AVERAGED 7,000 STEPS A DAY. THE PAST 2 MONTHS TANKED ME
- Drop about 30 lbs. I am at 204 lb this morning of 1/1/21. My doctor wants me to slim down. My pants do too. It's made my blood pressure creep up. At 5'7", I need to be much lighter. The walking will help. So will goal # 4.... - I PREFER NOT TO SAY A THING, BUT I WAS DOWN TO 180 (24 DOWN) IN SUMMER, BUT ONCE SEPTEMBER AND THE HOLIDAYS HIT, IT ALL CAME BACK. 204 TODAY
- Eat very little sugar. - I LOVE SUGAR. NEXT
- Sell off more of my record collection. I am out of room. - SOLD QUITE A FEW OF MY LARGER BOX SETS FOR A NICE PAYOUT, BUT I REORGANIZED AND "FOUND ROOM". THE COLLECTION STILL GROWS.
- Make more music and release an album. - DID NOT RELEASE AN ALBUM, BUT CREATED OVER 20 SONGS.
- Work on front yard garden. - THE GARDEN LOOKS AMAZING. PLANTED SOME RASPBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES, AND LOVEAGE PLANTS IN THE SPACE.
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. This will be easy. I plan on 12K.
- See my dividend income increase by 20% from 2021. Totally doable.
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. Already done! Paying it forward for 2023.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2021 at the following companies.
- Vacation for 2 weeks away from home. Yellowstone is a goal.
- Walk 10,000 steps. I plan on walking for 30 minutes per day minimum after work and adding blocks by going faster.
- Drop at least 50 pounds. With my height, my "ideal" weight is 148. That's a challenge. But I have a plan to make it there this year.
- 1 hour workouts 3 times a week
- Sell more records and replace them with ones I have always craved.
- Release an album of dark, industrial ambient, downtempo music. It's a thing: "Illbient"
- Grow enough salad greens to eat salad for half the year.