Another year over and it's time to look at the goas I set myself for 2021 and see if I achieved any of them. I also will set out a plan for my 2021.
Doing this on the internet forces me to achieve these goals in utter fear of making myself look like a fool for the eternity that is the internet. So here goes!
The results are in BOLD
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. This will be easy - ADDED $16,880 THIS ONLY INCLUDES WHAT I CONTRIBUTED FROM MY PAYCHECKS
- See my dividend income increase by 10% from 2020. Now that we are through the main evil of COVID, I think this is doable - WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! 2021 DIVIDEND INCOME INCREASED BY 15.05%
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. That's $21 per day. - DONE. DOUBLED IT WITH $16,176.58 I AM NOT INCREASING THIS AMOUNT, BUT WILL PAY IT FORWARD.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2020 at the following:
I did not fully succeed, but got close. I actually sold quite a few shares of Starbucks to float the cost to move my mom and did not fully reimburse it. Same goes for Target (my favorite stock to buy, and Kroger (a store I would rather not go to (QFC), but is closest to my house. Their quality of foods and upkeep of the store have tanked and the employees honestly do not give a crap whatsoever)
As with the overages, all of these balances roll over to 2021. That means I have quite a bit to make up for with all three of these in 2022
- Go to Hawaii for 10 or more days. I need beach - 14 DAYS IN PARADISE WAS MUCH NEEDED
- Exercise more. Walk 10,000 steps per day - GOT AWAY FROM ME... AVERAGED 7,000 STEPS A DAY. THE PAST 2 MONTHS TANKED ME
- Drop about 30 lbs. I am at 204 lb this morning of 1/1/21. My doctor wants me to slim down. My pants do too. It's made my blood pressure creep up. At 5'7", I need to be much lighter. The walking will help. So will goal # 4.... - I PREFER NOT TO SAY A THING, BUT I WAS DOWN TO 180 (24 DOWN) IN SUMMER, BUT ONCE SEPTEMBER AND THE HOLIDAYS HIT, IT ALL CAME BACK. 204 TODAY
- Eat very little sugar. - I LOVE SUGAR. NEXT
- Sell off more of my record collection. I am out of room. - SOLD QUITE A FEW OF MY LARGER BOX SETS FOR A NICE PAYOUT, BUT I REORGANIZED AND "FOUND ROOM". THE COLLECTION STILL GROWS.
- Make more music and release an album. - DID NOT RELEASE AN ALBUM, BUT CREATED OVER 20 SONGS.
- Work on front yard garden. - THE GARDEN LOOKS AMAZING. PLANTED SOME RASPBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES, AND LOVEAGE PLANTS IN THE SPACE.
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. This will be easy. I plan on 12K.
- See my dividend income increase by 20% from 2021. Totally doable.
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. Already done! Paying it forward for 2023.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2021 at the following companies.
- Vacation for 2 weeks away from home. Yellowstone is a goal.
- Walk 10,000 steps. I plan on walking for 30 minutes per day minimum after work and adding blocks by going faster.
- Drop at least 50 pounds. With my height, my "ideal" weight is 148. That's a challenge. But I have a plan to make it there this year.
- 1 hour workouts 3 times a week
- Sell more records and replace them with ones I have always craved.
- Release an album of dark, industrial ambient, downtempo music. It's a thing: "Illbient"
- Grow enough salad greens to eat salad for half the year.
I will see how this is going next month!
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. Just be respectful of each other. We're all here for the same reasons.... Thanks!