Well well well. That month flew by. And was a good month. The fog and gloom that was 2020 is drifting further away with each day.
Our dog sums it up best. Just kick back and take it all in!. Like my kid is doing in my Neon Zen Office.
January also means I have new goals for the year. Last month I posted about it here: 2021 Goals.
I made some amazing progress especially financially. Here goes.
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. Half way there in one month! $5,000 down, $5K to go.
- See my dividend income increase by 10% from 2020. Now that we are through the main evil of COVID, I think this is doable. In 2020, my div income was $13,620.30. I need to need to see it go up $1,362.03 this year. After one month, I am up $186.99. I need to average $113 er month, so I am ahead of the game.
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. 25% of the way there in one month.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2020 at the following: Knocked it out of the park! Met my goals for Costco, Home Depot, Mcdonalds, Starbucks, Kroger, and AT&T. (the leftovers will go towards 2022) I just need to focus on Target (TGT)
- Go to Hawaii for 10 or more days. I need beach. I guarantee I will book this as soon as we are vaccinated.
- Exercise more. Walk 10,000 steps per day. So far, I am averaging 6,000 steps per day.
- Drop about 30 lbs. I am at 204 lb this morning of 1/1/21. My doctor wants me to slim down. My pants do too. It's made my blood pressure creep up. At 5'7", I need to be much lighter. The walking will help. So will goal # 4.... I am at 199 today. Down 5 lbs in one month. Good start.
- Eat very little sugar. I cut out all snacks and high carb foods. Have not eaten more than 30g of carbs per day.
- Sell off more of my record collection. I am out of room. Still getting more. Can't help it. but I do have some to sell.
- Make more music and release an album.. made a cool song last week - inspired by industrial music of the 90's, I came up with this: (and the amazing title) Gordon Ramsay Goes To Jury Duty
- Work on front yard garden. A very rainy month, so I let it go. But I did order a bunch of perennial herbs to surround the blueberries I am putting there.
Good month and will pat myself on the back. But I will not start sucking my own dick just because I had a good 1/12th of a year. This is a marathon.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. Just be respectful of each other. We're all here for the same reasons.... Thanks!