We made it! The longest, most frustrating year is over. 2020 can go suck some eggs.
A sucky 2020 did not mean I could ignore the goals I had to to accomplish. Last year, I posted them online to keep me accountable. Well, let's see how I did:
- Add $5,000 to my investment account. DONE
- See my dividend income increase by 10% from 2019. NOPE. SHUFFLING SHARES AROUND IN 2020 AFTER DIVIDEND CUTS DID NOT BODE WELL. -6% BUT IN A MUSCH BETTER PLACE MOVING FORWARD.
- Increase my holdings by 5 companies. Not just add to my current holdings, but have 100 companies to earn dividends from. DONE
- Save $16,000 for bills in 2021: Property Tax, Home Insurance, Auto Insurance, Car Tabs, Water Bill, Electric Bill, Gas Bill, Internet, Phone Bill, TV Costs. That's $43 per day. I want to be a year ahead. Then in 2021 and beyond, I can put more into the market once I am ahead. SAVED $8,000. CHANGED MY GOAL TO $8K AND PUT THE REST IN THE MARKET AND REPLACED A CAR. GOT TO $8K
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2019 at Costco, Target, Apple Store, Home Depot, Starbucks, and AT&T. DONE OTHER THAN APPLE STORE SINCE I ALSO CHANGED THE TARGET COMPANIES. SEE CHART BELOW
- Take a spring road trip. Yellowstone would be ideal. DID THE REDWOOD FOREST IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. COVID REALLY MESSED UP PLANS.
- Exercise more. I was doing well until my right knee and left achilles acted up. Fell out of routine. DID SO FOR 9 MONTHS BUT FELL OFF AS WEATHER TURNED AND SHOULDER WENT ON THE FRITZ
- Drop about 20 lbs. LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT THIS LATER. THE COVID 15 IS REAL.
- Drink more green tea. DONE
- Sell off some of my record collection. It was a long term goal to sell eventually. Well, I have run out of room. I think I would rather sell than keep some of the ones I rarely listen to. SOLD A FEW, AND FOR SOME GOOD PRICES. BUT ALSO ADDED ABOUT 50 LPS
- Improve piano skills and improve guitar skills. PIANO YES, GUITAR NOT REALLY.
- Blog more. I HAD A LIFE, SO I FAILED ON THIS.
- Enjoy more oysters like these. KIND OF DID!
Now 2021 is upon us. Here are my goals:
- Add $10,000 to my investment account. This will be easy
- See my dividend income increase by 10% from 2020. Now that we are through the main evil of COVID, I think this is doable
- Save $8,000 for bills in 2021. That's $21 per day.
- Fulfill my goal of buying the equivalent in shares of what I spent in 2020 at the following:
I am in fact a bit ahead of the game on some of these companies. I will update next month.
- Go to Hawaii for 10 or more days. I need beach
- Exercise more. Walk 10,000 steps per day
- Drop about 30 lbs. I am at 204 lb this morning of 1/1/21. My doctor wants me to slim down. My pants do too. It's made my blood pressure creep up. At 5'7", I need to be much lighter. The walking will help. So will goal # 4....
- Eat very little sugar.
- Sell off more of my record collection. I am out of room
- Make more music and release an album.
- Work on front yard garden.
Let's see how this shapes up...
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. Just be respectful of each other. We're all here for the same reasons.... Thanks!